Hi...my name is Meggy...I used to blog here...A LOT! Do you remember me?
I'm amazed that it has been so long since I posted. It seems like yesterday -- or at the most -- last week! But, alas, the days have passed so quickly. Even today, my time is extremely limited, so I better get on with it!
My plan for the last two weeks was to upload pictures from the last few weeks and blab --I mean-- BLOG my heart out. Obviously, that hasn't happened! Some of this busy-ness has come about because of my new addiction. I've come to believe I must really have an addictive personality. I go from one addiction to another. Do you have a serious problem like that?
Thankfully, my 'problem' doesn't extend to drugs or alcohol -- just other things. For example, Publix had BoarsHead Lacey Swiss on sale a few months ago. I tried it. Now, I can't seem to eat a sandwich without it! What's up with that?
I also have a terrible addiction to orange juice and Sprite Zero. Each morning, it seems my day cannot start without an OJ/SZ cocktail. This seems to be my coffee zing without the caffeine.
Another sign of addiction...or maybe its just my laziness, I wear the same earrings all the time. Or maybe just for a week at a time, one pair will always seem to work best with "the outfit." (Yes, I can hear most of you snickering that Meggy doesn't really DO "outfits"...but that is beside the point).
On the computer, I got Bex (my computer tech) to set me up a Facebook account so that I could play Scrabble with my friend, MamaWeso. Little did I know that it would hook me, slap me down, and drag me on the ground for hours at a time! What's the deal?
All this leads me to my New Year's resolutions for 2009.
I rarely make resolutions because I rarely have the discipline to carry them through. But THIS year (along with important things like be a better personal representative for Jesus) I've decided I REALLY need to get professional help with some of these things.
So, here are a few resolutions I'll get help with...
5. Play more Scrabble with Pat (a professional) so that I can maybe learn how NOT to get smashed so terribly in the new year.
4. Get to work earlier, so I don't spend the whole day...Gettin ready! Then maybe I can get a few things done around the house AFTER work.
3. Learn to live without Lacey Swiss on EVERYTHING...it's expensive.
2. Blog at least 3 times a week. Remembering that I'm blogging for Bex, there are plenty of things I need to get in writing before my Half-Heimer's sets in and I lose the rest of my mind.
And my #1 and most important resolution for the new year?
1. Spend more time --just me and the Lord, the TRUE professional counselor. He's the only professional help that anyone can truly depend upon. He's also the only one that cares about every one of my little (and BIG) foibles...and He loves me anyway!
In Philippians 4:13 (KJV), Paul reminds us:
13I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
and in 1 Peter 5:6-9 (NLT), Peter reminds us:
6 So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. 7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
8 Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. 9 Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.Another promise...God's mercies are new EVERY morning and in Carroll Roberson's words..."It's gonna be a good day for me, Jesus and me!"
Thus, ends this year's essays...