Sunday, November 23, 2008

Auntie M is Soooo Proud of her Natalie!

I was honored to be invited to my niece, Natalie's, Senior Recital at the Baptist College of Florida on Thursday afternoon. She will graduate in December with a B.A. in Music. It was a wonderful recital even if I didn't understand many of the words. She sang in French, Spanish, German (I think), English and probably others. I'm not very high-falutin when it comes to music so it was a bit over my head. But even if I didn't understand all the words, I could surely hear the quality of her beautiful voice --and of course, I'm NOT biased!!!

When Natalie was small, she spent many weekends at our home. Her dad used to say he was sending the kids to Aunt Meggy's Boot Camp. Of course, this was way before Bex was born...so I did everything P.E.R.F.E.C.T.L.Y., as any Aunt would! In fact, she was potty-trained at my house -- but then would go home and forget all she learned. Poor mom!


This is what she used to look like before she went and grew up overnight!



When she was small she had a very interesting sense of style...












Her style has improved immensely! Here are two of my beautiful neices. This is Natalie with her sweet, younger sister, Caroline. Sorry its so fuzzy...I didn't take this one.












Here's a better picture...Bex and Caroline.
















Here's Natalie and her "love"...Stephen.

He seems like a great guy...it remains to be seen if he's special enough for our Nat. Time will tell...












Had to throw this one in with Aunt Meggy (and her pearls) with Caroline. These photo-ops are just too few and far between!











Sorry, Natalie...I couldn't resist posting this one. Natalie probably still does this on occasion, but she's MUCH too refined to do it for the camera!















Now, I'll leave you with a couple of video clips I took with my little digital camera. The video isn't very good, but the audio is good enough to hear her beautiful voice! The lighting was such that you can't see the wonderful expressions on her face. Her dress was very black...but with the lighting it looks muddy gray -- sorry. For those of you IBC'ers, you'll recognize Tanya accompanying her on the piano. It was wonderful to have a minute to visit with her there, too! You had to be there....


Click here and you can hear a beautiful duet with Natalie and her voice teacher, Dr. Moon.

Here's an interesting song in Spanish (for my SIL)
*************


This one is absolutely beautiful. I wish I had been able to get more of it.
**************
The Blessing
**************


**************

There are a few more English and non-English clips at You-Tube, if you're interested. You can search Natalie's Recital and MegnTally to find them.

Stay Tuned!

4 Click here to Comment!:

MamaHen Em said...

What a sweet post to a beautiful niece! And her voice is amazing! WOW!!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Her voice is gorgeous! As she is as well! And her "little" sister is quite tall...is she a model?

This was a sweet tribute to your nieces. Have a happy Thanksgiving, Meg!

Kelley said...

Wow, she has an amazing voice! She's like the female Josh Groban :-)

So, are you pretty busy these days meggy girl? Just wondering...no particular reason (like, I haven't had a meg comment in at least 4 posts...but that's not what triggered this question. Nope, not at all)...

Pat Weso said...

Wow! I am impressed. What a great voice. Thanks for sharing. And I'm sure the nose picking picture will keep this amazing woman quite humble. Ha