Thursday, October 2, 2008

ClutteredRefrigeratorDoorAholicism

Yesterday, I revealed another hopeless addiction I have. Clutteredrefrigeratordooraholicism. I think this word will really catch on one day! Don't you?

Did you read my post yesterday and look at the accompanying BEFORE pictures? If not...click here. Go ahead, read it...I'll wait.

...tap, tap, tap...

Oh, good. You're back. Now, yesterday I posted the BEFORE pictures of my refrigerator door. You all must have really lifted my terrible addiction up before the Lord, because today I actually cleaned it allllllll off and culled quite a few things.

Here are the things I took OFF the door.














{Insert trumpet fanfare}

TA DA!

This is what the refrigerator looks like totally cleaned off.

It has absolutely NO personality. It's boring, even.

Sorry, but I'm not THAT reformed.









So here is the door AFTER I perked it up a bit. I have only put things back on the top part of the door. The lower portion remains...ummm...blah.

















By the way, the tomato and apple magnets were wedding gifts -- 26 years ago! I ditched the banana because it was too dirty to rehabilitate.

Each of these magnets have a story. Don't yours?

I couldn't resist at least some pictures of nieces and nephews ...hmmm... my oldest brother's kids seem to be missing...I'll have to work on that!

If you happen to notice the tape on the ice dispenser...well...that's Mr. Fix-It's way of ... ummm... fixing it. (I'm sure MamaWeso understands!)


Here's a side picture. Yes, I removed the vacuum cleaner belt and filters...just for Bex! The magnets that are left have sentimental value for one reason or another...but I guess that's a whole 'nother post!

I probably ought to move the measuring cups to my (non-existent) baking cabinet but they work just fine right here.











These are some of the magnets that didn't make the cut. Funny, the U used to have at least 25 other friends...not sure why this one survived all these years! The cow would have survived the cut since Bex made it...but it never did actually stick...and Rudolph lost his eye somewhere.

The little picture frame has been on the door for years...never did have a picture. But it was just so cute!

See the business card under the banana? This is for a dentist we have never used. I have no clue how he got onto my refrigerator door!

By the way, these are all up for grabs. I put them in a ziploc for some reason...not sure why. Maybe I should have a giveaway like Pioneer Woman...okay, maybe not.


Stay tuned.

6 Click here to Comment!:

MamaHen Em said...

You did a great job! Why is it so easy to collect things but so hard to get rid of them? I actually like your measuring cups on the fridge, you always know where they are and you can tell at a glance that they aren't in the sandbox!

Richelle said...

Great job! I'm sure my fridge could use a good cleaning off. We've go plenty of those business card magnets from places we have never been. :)

mzzterry said...

Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving a comment. It is nice to meet another blogger closer to my age! I think perhaps the way we "more experienced" women are we just don't even GO in our kitchens if we can help it, so there wasn't much to post on wfmw!

I enjoyed my visit here, I shall return!

mzzterry

Kelley said...

Oh, you are cracking me up! That is hilarious...totally hilarious.

I really, really like the completely blah frig yet I see how easy it is for some to get attached to their super-special magnets:-) I can't stop laughing...this was such a funny post!

Oh, and mamaweso probably wouldn't understand since her hubby wouldn't think to use transparent tape (less obvious) but something more bold like duct tape.

Anonymous said...

I have to take time out once a month (alright or so) to declutter my fridge too. But are you sure you can give away your magnets? My sister and I are heriloom addicts, we have been divying up the stuff childhood memories were made of well, since childhood! LOL. Love the banana. :o)

Blessings, Whitney

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

Look how great you did! I'd keep the magnets if I were you...in the attic, not in the "junk drawer" ;)