Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Butterflies!

Several folks have asked me if I took the picture of the butterfly in my blog header.
My answer, "I wish!" No, I didn't take the photo in the header, but I do have some butterfly pictures I would like to share. A few years ago, while visiting in Gainesville, my dear SIL took us to the Butterfly Museum at the University of Florida.



The biggest thing I remember about that day is that it was HOT! VERY HOT! Apparently, butterflies don't do well in air conditioning. I, on the other hand, don't do well NOT being in air conditioning.

The picture to the left is me and my SIL. Her married name is exactly the same as mine was before I got married. Cool, huh!? She's from Venezuela... so her name is the Spanish version of mine--so we don't get mixed up too often. She has a better tan. So even though I dearly love her--I still have to hold that against her.

We did enjoy the visit, though. The butterflies were beautiful, plentiful and friendly. Here are some of the better pictures we took.
































Oops! I don't know how this one slipped in here!
No butterflies...but my sweet dd. It's amazing how much she's grown up in the last two years.






























































































Can you pick out the butterfly here? I loved this guy's camouflage!













































































































































































One of my favorite pictures!

























Another favorite!











Stay tuned. (Only 3 days until...)

4 Click here to Comment!:

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

Very beautiful!
I found a gardener's brain to pick...YEA!
Oh, and ask Mrs. Jean about her coconuts **evil little giggle** ;)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos!

Mamajil said...

I love the pics!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photography! Thanks for sharing.