Tuesday, July 15, 2008

*Top 10 Tuesday* --10 things I still want to do...

I'm still on the road at Ga Tech Volleyball Camp with our high school team. Anybody around Atlanta up for a trip to the Varsity? I'm sure we'll make it by there before the week is up..."Whata Ya Have?" Thanks to Blogger's post options I scheduled this before I left home.

Today's topic is inspired by the movie "The Bucket List." I haven't seen it, but it has been recommended as an 'adult' movie worth watching. I'm sure I can come up with a million other things...but this is my list--as of TODAY! I have lots more spiritual goals...those are on a different list. These are a little whacky, so am I...so it fits!

10 Things I Still Want to Do Before Heaven

#10 -- I want to...Visit Alaska, Australia and New Zealand--each for at least a week or two. I have no desire to go to Europe (except maybe Austria because Mr. Fix-It's grandfather was born and raised there).

#9 -- I want to...Travel the country by motor-home for at least a year or two like my friends, the Stewarts. Since we homeschool, we've thought about doing this for years. Unfortunately, dd keeps vetoing the idea unless we pull a horse trailer for her horses, the dogs and the cat.

#8 -- I want to...Write a best-selling book about my adventurous, exciting life. Yes, it must be a best-seller or its not worth doing. Of course, that would mean I would actually have to have an adventurous, exciting life to write about...oh well...this might take a while.

#7 -- I want to...Hang out at my vacation home in the mountains of North Carolina or North Georgia...I'm not picky. I love those mountains! My friend Cindy has a house in Hiawassee, GA. They just head north when it gets hot here in Florida. (I'm trying not to break that ticky tenth commandment.) It would be nice to have a vacation home just about anywhere, but I could live in the mountains, I'm sure. One day, after this, that and the other, we'll have to think about doing this.

#6 -- I want to...Take cool pictures and learn how to edit them like the Pioneer Woman. There is plenty of information out there in Blogger-World, should I ever get a minute to actually READ it!

#5 -- I want to...Be in a position to adopt a passle of kids [...maybe not all at once]. No more 14 year olds...I would want a better chance to make a positive difference in their lives! Hey! They could go with us in our motor home (that we don't have yet!).

#4 -- I want to...Be a healthy weight, wear fabulous clothes and feel good about myself, again. I'm working on this one...one step at the Mall at a time!

Okay, these top 3 are serious...not really silly...but I dream and pray that these will truly be accomplished before the Lord takes me home to Glory.

#3 -- I want to...See my daughter get married to a wonderful, godly man who treasures her.

#2 -- I want to...Hold my grand-babies and watch them grow.

#1 -- I want to...Be more intimate daily with my Lord!


Stay tuned.

3 Click here to Comment!:

Kelley said...

I LOVED this post, although I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with #10 that it doesn't have Brazil listed (don't you remember that I said it's COLD here where we live now???).

How cool that you want to adopt a slew of kids! (me too!). So just add Brazil to #10 and then come down here and adopt a sibling group while we do the same. There ya go, your life plans set out before you. You're welcome.

Joan said...

Living in the mountains would be great! Just getting home from CO makes me what to move to the mountians too!

Unknown said...

I want to live in the mountains too! It's on my top ten list. If you need a traveling partner, let me know!