Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Do They Celebrate Birthdays in Heaven?


I doubt they celebrate birthdays in Heaven, since time has no value there. But if they DID...today would be a HUGE celebration because my buddy, Ms. Edna is there hanging out with Jesus.

If you're a newcomer to my blog here at Lonesome Pine, you might have missed hearing about my sweet friend, Ms. Edna. Yes, I called her Edna sometimes -- but EVERYBODY (including herself) referred to her as "Ms. Edna." I guess that's what happens to you after spending 25+ years directing a Child Care center.

Today, I hope you'll celebrate her birthday and her life with me...because I miss her--a LOT! Frankly, I almost wish she were here, too. Almost, not quite. I loved her too much to wish her back here on this sin-laden earth.

I'd love for you to read about her -- if you have a few minutes to spare. Her testimony was so powerful, it's worth the time. I won't recount it here today because I probably said too much back in May when she went to be with her Lord, Jesus. If you like pictures of crazy old ladies, check these out. We had some wild and wacky times together. She loved to P*A*R*T*Y!!

Ms. Edna made everybody think they were her best friends. She just LOVED people --of every age, color and creed. But she especially loved children! You can read why on my previous posts.

For me she was my friend, mentor, confidante, sounding board, co-conspirator, protocol adviser, recipe book, marriage counselor, Bex Grandma, hospitality resource, encourager, Sunday School student, prayer partner and sooooo many other things. Ms. Edna is probably the best friend I ever had (so far!). I have some wonderful friends now, but she knew me inside out, held me accountable and loved me anyway.

I loved her, I miss her and I hope she's on the Welcoming Committee when I get to Heaven myself... 'Nuff said.

Happy Birthday, Ms. Edna!!!!




Stay tuned.

7 Click here to Comment!:

Anonymous said...

i want to be on the heavenly welcoming committee too! especially if i can be with ms. edna. what a gal!

Kelley said...

I'm looking forward to meeting this amazing woman one day!

Laura said...

I'm so glad you didn't make me cry! I cried enough writing my last post.

Lori said...

She sounds wonderful.

Mrs. Pittman said...

Edna goes perfect with our September to Remember theme. I'm sure she'll be real glad to see you there, Mary (let's just hope you don't have a reunitin' too soon.....Unless we all go!)

Meg in Tally said...

I can't believe nobody said anything about Ms. Edna's ugly hat or why she was sticking her tongue out -- doesn't this make you curious?

Anonymous said...

yeah mom. Why don't you wait a bit longer before you go to see her! lol
I miss her too! ♥