Thursday, September 11, 2008

Jehovah-Jireh Strikes Again!

"The Revelation of the Name Jehovah-Jireh, Genesis 22:12-14. The meaning of this name is The Lord Who Provides. The name is literally, The Lord Who Sees, or The Lord Who Will See To It. This is what we long for when we have a need that is personal and special; One who will see to our needs and provide for us. This is what Jehovah-Jireh means; the Lord Who will see to it that my every need is met. One Who knows my need because He sees. One Who is able to meet my need in just the right time as He did for Abraham, and One Who can meet it fully. For Abraham, it was the ram caught in the thicket that was offered in Isaac's place. For us it is whatever we need."
From Bible.org Go here to read more!


Thankful Thursday!

The Lord has smiled on Lonesome Pine once again and blessed our socks off! Not that He doesn't bless us all the time...but sometimes we just have to STOP, MARVEL at His goodness and PRAISE THE LORD!!!

Many of you know I've been car-less since the first week of August. So, I'm happy to announce a new arrival at Lonesome Pine:


Hopefully, one day soon , after a good bit of tweaking (when Mr. Fix-It gets a Round-Tuit), I'll be toodling around town in a new ride.

The last time God provided for a (new-to-me) van, a month later He put a 14 year-old in our home in desperate need of love and care. That van was perfect for the task He entrusted to us. That assignment lasted 3 1/2 years.

Wonder what He has in mind for this one? I can't wait to find out!


Stay tuned.

7 Click here to Comment!:

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Oh it's lovely! I really like the colors. :-D Because really, what else matters? hee hee...only kidding...

Oh, and one more thing - TAG!

:-)

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful blessing for you and can't wait to see how God fills it up!

Kelley said...

Jehovah Jireh! Praise the Lord...I am so happy for you!!!

I often wonder how many blessings I've missed from the Lord because I don't stop and wait on Him but instead run off to try and fix the problem myself.

I'm sure the Lord has great things in store with your new van!

How is the new job going?

Anonymous said...

God is absolutely amazing!!

And the van is amazing too!...just not NEAR as amazing as your heavenly meatloaf!! MMMMM! :P

Laura said...

What a wonderful blessing! Praise the Lord!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous van. Hey, I fixed meatloaf your style yesterday and it was really good.

Unknown said...

Hey miss Meg,
I didn't know that yall got a "new-to you" van! THAT IS AMAZING!! You know it says in Philippians That "My God will supply all my needs!"! :)
LOVE
Duh