Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Lame Post #2

After typing that cutesy title I'm laughing at myself. Do you really believe this is only the 2nd time I've had a lame post? If so, you must not be a regular reader! LOL!!!

Actually, I just wanted to post a short little update tonight and since it doesn't really have a theme, it will probably be pretty lame.

This has been an interesting week so far. I've been at work each day...not terribly exciting (but I like it!).

Last night our precious volleyball team suffered its first loss. Bummer.

It was really a good match. That team came in thinking they were going to blast us out--their coach is such an arrogant jerk (and I say that as a kind description) The blasting never happened. The first set we lost 25-23...not bad...wish we had won. The second set our girls seemed WAY out of sync. We lost 25-19. The third set was sooo close, we lost 26-24. The worst part about the last point was that Bex missed her pass. I've told her that the last point has to go down somewhere...but its always a bummer when it goes down because of you. It would have been much more-better if someone else's kid had missed it. Did I mention she had just served 4 FABULOUS serves which included two Aces?

This loss really won't affect our season too much. It wasn't a conference game...we just really wanted to stay undefeated this year. Did I say, Bummer?

Today I had a wonderful lunch with my favorite Nagger. It was a working lunch. We were working out some details for an upcoming Women's Ministry event. We also made some decisions about our annual retreat coming up in February of 2009. We're getting closer to a 'theme'...might I say it will involve CHOCOLATE?

Tonight I came home and actually cooked supper (I did last night, too!). Two nights in a row is somewhat of a record around here lately. We normally would have just eaten leftovers from last night's meal. But when I stopped at Mrs. Becky's to pick Bex up, BBQ chicken was cooking in a skillet and the house smelled amazing! I couldn't stand it!!!

So, I got home, put Bex to work peeling taters and I piled some chicken in a dish and put it in the oven for Oven BBQ. YUMMMMMMY! BBQ chicken and smashed taters. Doesn't get much better than that! (Unless its meatloaf and smashed taters!)

Stay tuned for an anniversary post tomorrow...which will include pictures of a MUCH younger Mr. Fix-It and Meggy-girl. MUCH younger!!! (Bex wasn't there...not even as a twinkle in the eye...)



P.S. Note To ALL You Early Birds: Don't expect that special "YOUNGER" post too early...I DO intend on sleeping in till?

6 Click here to Comment!:

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Hello sweet friend!

I don't know what you're talking about...I haven't seen a lame post on here yet!

So sad about the match; but at least the girls obviously put up a good fight!

Can't wait to see those pics tomorrow...I'll be up at 5! :-)

Mrs. Pittman said...

I'd like that BBQ chicken recipe (and don't tell me you're one of "those" who doesnt use recipes.)
I'm saying that a lot nicer than it looks when it's typed. It sounds like a command :)

It's after 6 am and I see no new post. What exactly do you mean by sleeping in?

Mamajil said...

I can't wait till you post your new post... sorry about the volleyball game loss....
BBQ chicken...hmmm I may have to copy that menu idea for tonight sounds good!

Meg in Tally said...

WHAT IS THE DEAL? I was supposed to sleep late this morning since I didn't have to work...but I've been up since Bex's alarm 'started' at 5:45! Now, it's 7, got hubby off to work and Bex is about to leave...hmmmm...that bed is looking pretty good!

BTW, BBQ chicken in the oven is REALLY too hard to explain here...okay, maybe not.

Put frozen chicken tenderloins or breasts in glass dish. Cut butter into pats and place on top of said frozen chicken. Maybe, if you feel like it add a bit of lemon juice. Cover with foil, put in 350 oven for 20 minutes...then check. Turn over if necessary. Cook until just about done. Then take foil off, cover with BBQ sauce, cook for about 10 minutes till done.
YUMMY!

I guess that could have been another post in itself.

Kelley said...

Oh yum, I am going to cook BBQ for lunch today!

So, did you go back to bed or not?

Thanks for the "please post" comment. It means a lot that somebody wants to read enough to actually ask me to post. Wow, made my day! I think I'm officially re-entering bloggy-world today:-) If only I can get our camera issues worked out I may just post!

MamaHen Em said...

I'm going to say it with you. Bummer. I'm sorry they lost.

The bbq chicken sounds YUMMY and I'm so glad you threw the instructions out there for us! Perhaps that is what I'll be making this evening, too!