Monday, September 8, 2008

More of Our Illinois Cousins

Since you seemed to like the cousin picture from yesterday so well...here's the "before" picture to the one yesterday. We were all dressed up in this one! Must have gone to church or something...I don't remember. Don't we clean up good?


I'm wearing my normal hairband--not sure why I have that strange look on my face like I'm scared somebody is about to hit me; my little brother is in the cute gray suit coat that is way too small judging by the sleeves; my two older brothers are dressed in their matching sweaters like they were twins. Mom dressed them like twins for quite a few years, but they are NOT twins--just born the same day a year apart.


Since we seem to be going backwards...here's another cousin picture. This picture isn't very clear, but it was fun so I thought I would share it. It was apparently taken the summer of 1966 in Illinois. My older brothers look really dorky. Chuck is standing shirtless on the far left. Yes, Randy is the one trying to look like he hasn't eaten in a few years. It's funny to me, because I don't remember Randy doing that --but I remember Alan doing that allllll the time! I'm wearing the cute red dress -- a dress? My little brother, Alan is sitting on the far right with a big grin on his face.



We must have been outside playing, which is where we spent most of our time when we were with the cousins...no television, no video games, no computers....how boring. NOT!!!!

For those standing --there were only 4 years from oldest to youngest! We always had such a fun time with hardly any boundaries at my Grandpa's farm. Just stay outside and watch for copperheads --those were pretty much the rules. I don't remember it, but we might have had to watch out for the younger ones...but since they survived, I guess we did our jobs well enough!

Yep! Those were good days.

Stay tuned.



5 Click here to Comment!:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it great to be able to play like that. I sometimes regret that our children had so many boundaries because of where we lived and now our grandchildren have even more boundaries. I know these boundaries are necessary for their protection and well being, but oh, if only they could have that freedom to roam and play and only have to worry about snakes and such. That was the life. Thanks for the reminder.

Martha (haha, I'm first, I think)

Laura said...

Yeah, I wish I could just let them out to wander and play, then come home for dinner when the street lights come on. No such freedom anymore.

Lori said...

I was born in Illinois. I wonder if we could be long lost cousins, maybe third cousins, 4 times removed, something like that...

Kelley said...

Wow, did you post before you went to work? I'm very impressed...

Cousins are the best! They're family so they're kinda stuck with you--for better or worse--yet you don't get to see them as much as siblings so they're extra exciting to be around...

Anonymous said...

I miss all MY cousins since we haven't seen them in almost a YEAR!!