Saturday, September 13, 2008

Good Grief, Is There Anything Left To Know?

Me! From A-Z.

Tagged!

I've been tagged by my sweet N. Georgia friend at Chel's Leaving a Legacy. I can't believe there is ANYTHING at all that you don't know about me, because I'm such a blabbermouth...unlike some...

But, since I'm such a good sport (most days) I'll make a stab at coming up with something creative ...I'm supposed to share an alphabet story by answering questions from A-Z about me. Nobody really reads these Saturday posts, anyway. So here goes.

Attached or Single? Very attached. We'll celebrate 26 years this month. Okay, celebrate may be a bit of a stretch since there's a volleyball game that day. Let's say..."We'll mark our 26th anniversary this year!"

Best Friend? Well, Jesus, of course. But here on earth I can't really say...Ms. Edna was such a big part of my life before she went to hang out with Jesus. At this point, I have so many wonderful people in my life it would be hard to choose just one.

Cake or Pie? Ahhh... it would have to be Lemon Meringue Pie!

Day of Choice? What does this mean? I used to love Monday's because that was the day things would get back to normal at the Pine. But now that I'm a working woman again, I'm thinking Saturday's sleeping late is pretty wonderful!

Essential Item? CAR! When you live in the woods, not having a vehicle to run around in is absolutely unnerving. Don't clip my wings!

Flavor of Ice Cream Vanilla. Really.

Gummy Bears or Worms? Worms. The bears get a bit too hard sometimes.

Hometown? Believe it or not, Tallytown. That's the technical answer. But I don't really consider it HOME. My home, where I grew up, is the huge metropolis of Bronson, FL in north, central Florida where my Dad lives.

Indulgences? Hmmmm...now that I'm working, that is quickly changing. My old answer would have been going back to bed after breakfast. I'll have to keep you posted on this one!

January or July? January, absolutely! I am not a summer person. I think I would enjoy living in the Arctic Circle! I can't wait for some cold weather around here.

Kids? God only gave us one --but I would love to have a passle more! Send 'em on -- just don't give them to me at 14 (that didn't work out too well!).

Last Movie I saw in a Theater? I think it was Iron Man. We go to movies in spells...so I'm not really sure. It was whatever was showing at the $1 show when we had a hankering for a movie. Don't EVEN ask me what was the last movie I saw WITH my husband! He hates going to the movies...but I think we saw Facing the Giants together.

Middle Name? Ellen. I'm named after my two grandmothers...the Ellen comes from Cora Ellen. The only time anyone ever calls me my two names together is when we visit that side of the family.

Number of Siblings? Well, I have 3 full brothers, 2 half-siblings, and one step sibling.

Oranges or Apples? Wow. This one is hard. I like both in different ways and for different reasons. But if I had to choose, I would probably pick apples because they're more versatile and not as messy to eat.

Phobia or Fear? I'm not sure that I have a phobia or fear about anything. Jesus has pretty much conquered all of those for me. I guess I have a "fear" of not being around to see my daughter married and meeting my grandchildren. But since I don't have much, if any, control over that, I don't let it worry me too much!

Quote? I don't really have a favorite...but I really like this one that I have on my blog...not that it really describes me, yet!...but it's something to work toward.

Live your life in such a way
that when your feet hit the
floor in the morning,
satan shudders and says,
"Oh no, she's awake."

R
eason to Smile
? Jesus died for our sins, who needs another reason to smile? I just like smiling, don't really need a reason. But hearing Bex laugh always makes me smile.

Season? Winter! I LOVE cold weather and no humidity.

Tag five more: Here's the hardest question of all! Who can I tag who won't get mad at me like that Kahlua person did last time?

Okay, so here's the TAG --- those participating in the September to Remember contest ought to thank me for giving them something else to blog about...and hey! This fits in perfect with the theme! So, I'm tagging: Lori over at A Work in Progress, the Princess over at Cheaper By the Baker's Dozen, Laura over at Dance Mommy's Odyssey, Fuschia over at Living in the Land of Pink, and Kelley over at Land of Sunny Days.

Unknown Fact About Me? Are you kidding? Is there anything I haven't spilled my guts about? Okay...think...think...think... Oh, here's something --although it will probably gross you out. I LIKE to eat raw hamburger. Not a lot -- just a pinch here and there. That is how I can tell if my meatloaf is good...I taste it to see what I need to add. Yes, I know that sounds gross...if you told me that about yourself, I would probably say "Gross!" too. I don't like my hamburgers or steaks raw...if the meat is warm and raw...Yuck!

Vegetarian or Oppressor of Animals? I like what Chel said "How come a vegetarian isn't called an oppressor of vegetation?" But I'm not ashamed to say, I definitely fall in the "oppressor of animals" category. God said it was okay, so I don't have any problem with eating animals. Plants are probably better for us, but I don't like the taste of many plants...so animals, it is!

Worst Habit? Again, I have to agree with Chel, procrastination seems to be my nemesis. I'm so bad about putting things off, NOT planning, and flying by the seat of my pants. I like to call it "being spontaneous!" One of my favorite Bible verses is about 'not worrying about tomorrow, because tomorrow will take care of itself!"

Xrays or Ultrasounds? Does this mean, have I ever had one? I've had boocoodles of X-Rays on my crooked arm since 1st grade. Mainly, because it was so easily injured after I broke it and I was a gymnast as a kid, so I used to hurt it all the time. Seems I've grown out of that now.

As for ultrasounds, I've only had one. When I was pregnant with Bex, three weeks before my due date I went into pre-eclampsia and they did an ultrasound to do the amniocentesis to see if she was developed enough to be delivered. The technician was really ugly to me for trying to look at the monitor to see the baby (she thought I was like most people and had already had 2 or 3 ultrasounds). She made me cry. Afterwards, when my SIL (who was really ticked at how she treated me) told her that this was my first ultrasound, she felt really guilty and when I was in recovery she brought me a picture of Becky...just her face smushed up against my belly...smiling at her mom. She made me cry, again!

Your favorite Food? Again, I agree with Chel who said "This is way too broad of a question." I like all kinds of food. But give me a GOOD, juicy grilled hamburger and I'm pretty happy!

Zodiac? Although I don't believe in horoscopes or any of that garbage, my birthday obviously falls under the sign of Virgo. I do think this makes me extra special...cause me and Paul Harvey share a birthday, and me and Ms. Edna both were September babies.

There you have it, Meggy from A-Z! Can there be ANYTHING you don't know about me now? Oh, wait a minute, there's one more thing. I LOVE meatloaf sandwiches for breakfast...just had one...yummmmm!

Stay tuned.

7 Click here to Comment!:

Laura said...

What good reason does Kahlua have for being upset? You GAVE her a blog subject!

I will accept your challenge, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow since I have already posted today :)

Kelley said...

Oh yes, I love having a reason to talk about myself!

Well, you would fit in down here because there is a common Brazilian dish made out of raw hamburger meat! I've tasted it but thought the seasoning was too strong. I had another dish made out of raw hamburger meat at an amazing Lebanese restaurant with a mint sauce on top. Now that was good! (but I was the ONLY one brave enough to try it...too bad, they missed out).

BTW, I should have clarified in my latest comment section and written "refined sugar" vs. "sugar". And you're right, you didn't right ALL things! You can re-visit the comment section again (and give me an extra page-load on my site-meter) if you would like...

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Hello, my friend. Great post...it was a joy to read...except for the raw hamburger part. You are absolutely right, I said "gross!"
:-)
I still love you, though.

And I have always gotten a grin out of your quote...I LOVE IT!!

And I love your reason to smile. How come I didn't think of that??

Thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

the raw hamburger thing made me spit my tea out onto my desk.... ewwwwwwwww!

Lori said...

Still working on it...
Post coming soon...

Unknown said...

What's with the deleted posts?
Do tell!